Tuesday, November 24, 2009

National Standards

We had an informative meeting with our literacy advisor Christine about NS. The more I learn about them the more I like them. I think they are ideal for NE especially with having good starting school data to inform next steps, letting the children know what they are learning, sharing with parents where their child is starting and looking at the ways parents can help.
I think this is the time to get the parents involved in their children's learning.
Next year I think I would like to meet with my parents after a month-6 weeks after the child starts school. Also on TKI there are helpful forms- but I had better wait and see what the school plans for 2010.

Soon the P. is meeting with us re 2010 and I am hoping I have NE but again I had better wait.
I am still thinking about what curriculum area(s) I want to be involved in.

No comments:

Post a Comment