Thursday, November 26, 2009

Inquiry Conclusion and Teacher Reflection

I think we have finishe now - with a postive conclusion with some real action/change to happen and we have done a reflection. I would never have been 'brave' enough to ask for a double classroom for the new entrants if:
a) I had not gone to Wanganui and heard about Reggio Emilia (and got really interested in what pre-schools are doing) and seeing Kath Murdoch's Inquiry Model -this one works for me!!!
b) I did not have the 'power'of a classfull of 5 year olds with me on our inquiry journey - this was a real context not some pretend learning -so talk about this inquiry being rich, real and relevant.

What will be extra good is that (I think) some of 2009 young Yo will stay with me in 2010 so they will benefit from their inquiry work as well as new kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment