Saturday, October 10, 2009

Term 4

I like doing my term "overview" on my blog so I can look back to see what I achieved.
Inquiry - I am going to follow Kath Murdoch's model and its going to be about "What makes a great New Entrant Room". I want to use what we get out of this inquiry as a basis for my 2010 'action research'.
Travel Buddy work using our class blog

Maths - We will continue with number work but incorporate it into statistics with graphs etc.

Science-More walks out into the community to help develop observation skills and presenting what we did observe through drawing, digital camera work and use of easi -speak.

Oral Language- barrier games as well as using good quality oral language in meaningful contexts. Also PLAK with Annette and the Mum's on Mon and Thursday at 11 -11.30

Reading - I will continue to plan on the big sheets using the headings that Christine has given us. I also need to get some of the 'struggling ' kids to learn some more vocab. I need to sit down and work out realistic targets for the end of the year. How many will I get onto green??? Carry on with "Literacy Circles" - look at Tia's work for what she has done for follow ups to get richness out of the books we read.

Writing- Who will be on L1ii by the end of the term?What do I need to do to move the children. What will be my Learning Intentions?

PE target games -find Kylies book
Arts of the Pacific and graphics

Can I do some more Discovery work inviting parents in to help?
Other tasks will be- looking at how I have gone with 2009 Goals and what will be required for Pupil Led Conferences-will it be like I did with TrayDee ?Do I need to make sure I have Learning story work for the others?Are we doing written reports???

REMEMBER THOSE LEARNING INTENTIONS AND SUCCESS CRITERIA

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tricia
    You have been busy and just shows how valuable 'holidays" are to all learners. An opportunity to delve into new corners and stimulate our thinking, to discover and ponder, to deepen our understandings through reflection. Isn't this such a luxury 8>)

    I have a question that I am hoping you can help me with... What is it that has worked for you, in keeping your focus so entirely on learning in the 21st C?

    Many are seduced by an "add-on" nature of the tools, carried away with the superficial, a focus on the teaching of the skills of ICT.

    What is it that changes people's concepts away from the superfical to the deep understanding of the "why"!

    Unfortunately add-ons are not sustained. The competitive nature of "I've got a blog/wiki etc" and the extrinsic nature of how many hits I receive will wane. Is this perhaps why so many start blogs but don;t continue beyond the "lollipop high' induced by their initial foray into the use of the tools?

    How can we get past this?

    We need to see ICTs as an e-leanring tool, an intrinsic and much needed tool for learning.

    You have kept your focus so entirely and delightfully on the learning. I'd love to capture the essence of your passion, bottle it and then develop it as a pandemic!

    Any ideas gratefully received. I will post this comment on my own blog and hopefully others will share hteir insights with me there too.

    We have a year to make a real differnece for everyone! No exceptions.

    ReplyDelete