Friday, October 16, 2009

Week 1 of Term 4

A busy but rewarding week:

3 New arrivals to the class

T. classroom observation of my inquiry work went well and I managed to remember my Learning Intentions. I found co-constructing the success criteria with the children the way to go, so I am going to try that with my reading LI also.

Several teachers have been asking about the Kath Murdoch inquiry model I have used. L. has challenged me to present my headings on a powerpoint and print them out. But I feel if paper and pencil can do the job its Ok. Its the kids thinking and learning that I am focussed on.

I completed the Rellco survey on Friday night and I was glad I had been an active reflector. It took me 2 and a half hours to do. I wish we could save as we are working on the survey and do it in smaller parts.

Still no sign or news of the Travel Buddies and the children are wondering what is happening. Still, thats all part of TB'sisn't it - the waiting and anticipating. There are 2 new comments on Kikorangi's Kids blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment