I am baysitting my 3 mokopuna for the holidays while their Mum is away at U Learn in Christchurch. They are 8, 6 years and 11 months old. I am also taking this opportunity to watch them as inquiry learners. Research says all children are inquiriers - I am still The little one already knows what a lap top is, loves exploring outside, loves animals, etc and the older have wonderful imagination -always inventing things and using brillant vocabulary.
Their parents are great at giving them lots of experiences suc as trips to the beach and snow, lots of books and reading to, lots of family time etc.
The 6 year old has had quite an unhappy start to his schooling and is now in a Montessori class and loves it. Even Nana has noticed a big change in his general behaviour and happiness. Montessori is something else I want to find out more about in connection with waht makes a good new entrant class.
The 8 year old loves reading chapter books and is a great big sister with a wide imagination which she shares with the younger 2.
No comments:
Post a Comment