Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Action Research 2010

Both Lorraine and Robyn have posed some questions about this and I will spend some time on this blog pondering.

I have really enjoyed being on the whole rellco contract and the final year has come up really fast. I have liked having the amount of freedom we have had to follow our interests ,at our pace. I love my 2 blogs now and it didn't matter that I have taken much longer than other people to become a blogger. I still have lots to learn for my class one but now that parents are interested in putting comments this is the right time to learn more.g
Also we will use it more for our travel buddy experience.-I like it how 2 new things are connecting (TB and blogging ). I can't image life with out all the relection I do on this blog.


Often for me connections happen and those are what I am more likely to follow. Reggio Emilia -which I heard about in Wanganu - is really happening for me right now- my daughter in law has heaps of material on it, she knows people who have expertise and the centre she works at follows lots of their ways - including 'documention'.

As I am always looking for ways to improve the learning for my New Entrants- I am trying to make connections and come up with a Kath Murdoch styled inquiry learning for both me and the class. I think I want to do it together.

2 comments:

  1. I keep hearing this Reggio Emilia, I am going to have to find out about it. What would your statement be to someone who has only heard the words and hasn't a clue what it is about. Is it a person? A concept? A model? I have no clues but keep hearing people mentioning it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I went to Wanganui with Lorraine a new entrant teacher from Island Bay School told us how she had been to Italy to look at Reggio Emilia pre schools. RE is actually a city _ I firstly thought it was a man. the teacher told us how she follows 'their teachings". Its hard to summarise what that is at the moment and I am still finding out more but its about children and their thinking, involving parents and the wider community in the learning, documention of children's learning in many forms, the importance of the environment and they talk a lot about the children and the teacher being researchers/inquirers.What appeals to me right now is all of the above are what I am wanting to do in my room.Also the more I hear about RE the more people or centres I hear are learning about it. I am really excited about it and while I have been doing Nana duty I have been reading lots of books, articles about RE. I know our focus has to be about improving our childrens learning and I feel my thinking about all this is going to help that.

    ReplyDelete