Saturday, August 21, 2010

Inquiry


I have been reading Bruce Hammonds blog again -he has so much worthwhile material on there -it really makes you think about your teaching. I need to see if I can make our inquiry about water so much more a real part of the class programme not just something extra. I want to use it more for literacy at least. What can I do with this picture from our Waimangu Valley Trip. I will see tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps popping the picture up on the wall with questions around it - yours and the children's, then having the easispeak available for chn and classroom visitors to record their own ideas about the answers. e.g. re smoke or steam?

    These could be revisited each week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://simplescience.net/5d_-_water_cycle.html

    You might like to tip a bucket of water on to tarseal, draw around with chalk and photograph it every ten minutes. What happens?

    I remember being asked to guess how many teaspoons of sugar could be placed into a full cup oif tea. Was amazed! I thought one would over flow it.

    ReplyDelete