Monday, August 16, 2010

Inquiry Model


We had an elearning/inquiry etc curriculum meeting today so that we could come up with an Owhata School Inquiry Model. I think after looking at several different models that what we really have to do is to come up with some memorable name for our model -something that both kids and teachers will be able to use and understand. Wouldn't it be great to have something that reflects our community/culture as well.
Lets brainstorm the stages and see what can come out of---
1.This is the finding out stage ,first ideas and what will we do to excite, engage, >ignite the inquiry.
2.Acquiring, finding, locating etc what we need. Also sorting it out so we get the best info/skills we need.
3.using, presenting our findings
4. The so what aspect of the inquiry -the big picture part, why did we do this inquiry, what action are we going to take.
5. Relecting, evaluating, assessing stage
Now I just want to come up with another word for each stage that excites me - can I do that???

No comments:

Post a Comment