We had a great week at school and my student Janice is a great asset. For the draft 2010 organisation I am on the ICT/Inquiry team with Jo as the leader and I am also on the science team - both of which I am very pleased about.
I have the double room -GREAT-and I put on the staffroom whiteboard that if any one is interested why I have 2 rooms go and look at our inquiry in room2. I think having the inquiry up on the big wall is great. I have taken photos as a record but you don't really get the 'flow' like you do on the wall. I am so glad I went to Whanganui to hear about the work Island Bay School was doing -it was the HOOK into inquiry for me.(You can probably guess that I am quite proud of our work.) I am not sure if anyone has looked ,but that's OK.
On friday we went on a class trip on a bus to the museum. Once again a great whanau turn out and George was just great with the children. I liked it that we had 3 Nanas and a Grand dad come also.
Mario the turtle will need to go back to The Isle of Man this week. One of the little girls sneaked him up her jersey so he could go on the bus and to the musuem with us. She's made a real connection with him.
Congratulations on your double room. The power of an active and empowering inquiry huh?
ReplyDelete