
I had a great time in Nelson and really enjoyed my time with Tia and her class. I have come back with some more new ideas and things I want to try out. I felt that I knew her and her class through following her wiki. It was great to see in real life some of the things they had made -such as the cloak, the children's fabulous art work etc.
I like what she does for inquiry -term one is teaching the kids to wonder and ask questions, term 2 is teaching them how to use a variety of resources to source information, term 3 doing an inquiry -children work in pairs and select their own topic (theirs was science based) and they have to do a presentation (same type -theirs was making a documentary involving filming) and this is then presented to an audience (including parents) and term 4 is reflecting.
Here is a picture of Nelson taken from where I was staying.
No comments:
Post a Comment