I am so enjoying reading her writings on life, learning, reading, 5 year olds
etc. I wish she would publish them in a book - I'd buy it. She writes that already we are pushing reading too hard and too fast for our 5 year olds. I feel I have to compromise and the work I am doing with good quality books especially NZ ones through the literacy circle headings to guide my teaching is helping to give the depth and richness of literacy that is missing from just a diet of 'teaching reading'. I think this will be the line I will use for my bit of our Rellco workshop next saturday.
T's work with follow up activities has been wonderful to see and I am working hard to include aspects into my literacy programme.
I wonder if she would let me visit her class next term?? Will I be brave enough to ask her. I could use my 20 years of teaching money.
WoW!! Look at you. Taking to this world like a real pro now. You go girl!!!
ReplyDeleteI have loved reading you blog Trish. You write so well. I can hear your voice as I read your comments. I have found the articles so refreshing and very interesting. Isn't it a great way to capture all those special moments.
I loved my visit here. Thank you. I am looking to reading more and even seeing your uploads on YouTube ;-)
I have just put up the Earth Song video by Michael Jackson on my blog.
http://lorraine-ictpd.blogspot.com/
I put in on my classblog page too. You can check this out on:
http://www.classblogmeister.com/blog.php?blogger_id=76585
I'll be back again soon
Best wishes
Lorraine