I am realising that sometimes I need to spend a bit more time on a book. I thought I would make a class display about the story featuring grass and flowers (a meadow ) and some of our lions. We also did a brain storm on the IWB about the Mother and this time there was more depth of thinking.The children said that while the Mother was making up stories she was just trying to help her son be brave and play in the field. Then T. said 'brave like brave father mouse.'
I asked her what she meant and she said Father mouse was very brave because he had to go past the cat to get bread for his whanau. A CONNECTION. I now realise that connections don't always have to be with just the children's world, it can be with other books they have read.
No comments:
Post a Comment