Saturday, June 20, 2009

school

I don't know why I always lose my password and have to go the long procedure to get back in. I wanted to put something on T's page (but I am getting blogs and wikis muddled again. Just when I think I am getting a handle on some aspect of 21st century learning I get tripped up.
I have spent sunday afternoon looking at the draft standards for maths and reading and writing (for the first year at school). At first they looked a bit scary but I now think they are very helpful for giving me a much clearer direction as a teacher. I feel on track with the literacy stuff (although I might need to step up the pace a bit) and the Maths area has made it better for my teaching focus. I still want to make sure I have lots of opportunities for sharing the magic of learning with my NE and I know the work we have been doing on literacy circles is an important part of that.
On TKI there were digital stories about schools and their journeys. I want to get back into 'Discovery" as a good way of working with those Key Competencies. I started with a hiss and a roar with an open day last term but I need to do them more regularly.
I had a rave on R's blog/wiki??? this morning about some interesting aspects of LC but now I realise I should have done it on my blog (and not clutter up her work0

1 comment:

  1. I just checked R's place and my ramblings didnt post!!!!
    I will put a note to myself K. and Lion in the meadow and K. and Roimata's Cloak

    ReplyDelete