I have found my next book. I was at my grandsons 6th birthday party and I looked in his book shelf for another book with the theme of people not telling the truth and I saw "The Terrible Taniwha of Timberditch". In this book Dad tells his daughter that if she goes down to Timber Ditch the taniwha will get her.
I need now to scan the bookcovers into a Literacy Circle Folder) and have them ready for the workshop at Rellco.
I feel really chuffed that Robyn has asked me to be part of her workshop (with Jan). I need to remember that the Rellco "conference" is about being a 21st century learner so I have to make sure I use some ICT in my share of the presentation.
I love getting into the books I have picked and getting some great book language, thinking and lots of oral work from my New Entrants.
I am going to look at Tia's work soon to see what she is up too with her picture books. We watched her Little Red Hen videos last week and had a go. It was so easy, yet so powerful. We played our work on the IWB at the end of the day when the parents come in to the room and they all thought their kids were movie stars. (21st learning)
No comments:
Post a Comment