I have just spent time looking at Tia's work with her new entrant children on picture books. I am wandering if some of her books might be good for my 'literacy circle' exploring. The Lion in the Meadow was a book that my son (who will be 35 this week) loved when he was a little boy.
I have also liked reading Tia's thought provoking ideas about reading -well the teaching of it and why all the pressure on us new entrant teachers to teach the children to read by the time they are 6. Are we going to lose the joy of words, books in our rush to teach them to read. Hopefully I can do both but I am not so sure.
I tried to join Tia's wiki but once again I seem to be doing something wrong. I will try later.
I never realised how much I would be getting out of R.'s e-fellowship-there's reading, ICT and general learning ideas for me- another great form of personal professional development- Thanks
Hi Trish
ReplyDeleteI am just passing by and have loved reading your blog. I can sense your frustration and your delight. You keep learning so "real!"
Be back again soon.
Best wishes
Lorraine