Saturday, May 9, 2009

Literacy Circles

I have got onto Robyns blog and room8's one where the children are working on their literacy circle work. At last I can see a real purpose for blogging- one that really helps the learning.
After the East Cape trip we had to do a survey where next steps need to be put in place. One of mine was to get the kids blog up and running. Robyn's blog work has given me real motivation for this.

1 comment:

  1. I am more and more motivated by a) the blogging as a means of getting thoughts out and b) the literacy circles. I agree this should be part of our literacy plan and with Jan trying it out in a senior room it will give more meaning to saying we should do it. Would be great having you on board as a junior room trying both things out. Jan is also keen to try the blogging so it will give us a raft of ideas and ways it can be adapted for any level of the school. I am happy at the moment with how it is going. Another efellow is using blogs with reluctant readers to put up book reviews about what they have read and the motivation is high for the children there too.

    ReplyDelete