Since I have been to Auckland it has made me think a lot more about The Nature of Science. Also when I have been out in the field I have been asking the scientists why science. All have said 2 common things- science was something they were interested in at an early age (and because I am in the bug department most said collecting insects etc)but also things like mixing things etc and the second thing was that their parents supported their interests with things like:
taking them places
family activities like diving
presents (like bug catchers) that encouraged their interests
This is an aspect of science that I want to share with the staff. How can we get our whanau involved like this (and at the same time how can we find out our parents interests and skills and tap into that).
I cant get onto my photos here so I will do my blogging at home
No comments:
Post a Comment