A day of meetings and connections.Meetings
1: An interview and photo with Simone who produces intra newsletter.
2: Science in The Park. Each section has an area for display and hands on. I am involved in making bugs from recycling material. I have tasks.
3: I.T. orientation
Scion has good orientations
ConnectionsTomorrow I am going out in the field with the South African Scientists.Setting up traps to catch sirex (a wood wasp) and the connection was that as well as Stephanie giving me a paper to read, John took me into the insect collection and I saw real ones. He is really knowledgeable and pssionate (in a good way) about insects.
I am learning about the insect classification system to give me background to the simple one I will do later. Photo of cleopus (from a book so I could get a real good image- from Annual Report)
I recorded what I had already seen, experienced at Scion already and I could do it under the Key Competencies. I will do that later.
Did you know that 2011 is The Year of Forests- withits theme "Forests for People". Andrew said he has some work to do with it. I googled it to get some background.
Last thing on news just on it said that Ministries of Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing will be made into a new super ministry called Ministry of Primary Industries. As it was announced by the PM as a cost cutting so I wonder what this will mean at Scion.
No comments:
Post a Comment