I have decided what I am going to do for using a power point to help with learning.
As usual I am going to keep it simple so I can keep control over what will be happening.
This week is our parent interviews and I have put together a short series of photos showing one of my pupils working in a variety of curriculum areas. I have added text and want to share this with his whanau at the meeting. I will check if the child is attending the interview also and if he is I would like him to take a real active part in the 'conference' - a simple 'pupil led conference.' I will share the power point with him before the meeting so he is familiar with the material.
Afterwards I will see how the parents felt about this way of sharing their child's learning, ask the child what he felt about it - maybe we will do a PMI together and I will complete my power point task for thursday using this information.
I can see material like this having many uses including learning intentions ,next step learning and assessment.
How cool! I bet the parents and TD loved it.
ReplyDeleteDo you think it is manageable to take on for the whole class Trish? Is there a part that your students could perhaps do? I know they are only young.
My caution is that unless we realise real benefits in using ICTs like this, well above what can be achieved without it, our motivation to continue, particularly in our busy lives, will dwindle.
I wonder how ICTs benefitted the learning process and the learners involved in this situation?